There are many reasons why we lose hair and become bald. Some of the most common include genetics, stress, hormones, and medical conditions. There are also instances wherein the problem can be caused by nutrient deficiency. In the case of the latter, you can resort to the use of vitamins and supplements that can trigger hair growth.
Let’s discuss some of the key ingredients that you have to look for and the essential factors to consider, making it easier to come up with the right decision.
Ingredients to look for
To make the pills effective for hair growth, these are some of the best ingredients that must be present:
- Vitamin C: Aside from boosting your immunity, Vitamin C is also effective in making the hair stronger. It is also an antioxidant that fights cellular damage that can be caused by free radicals.
- Vitamin A: This fat-soluble vitamin is critical for different body functions. For the hair, it locks moisture in the scalp, allowing it produce oil. It also protects the hair from radical elements that can possibly lead to serious damage.
- Niacin: Also known as Vitamin B3, this is an important ingredient as it helps in the supply of blood in the scalp and the hair follicles. If there is niacin deficiency, you will suffer from hair fall and thinning, among other problems.
- Biotin: For healthier and longer hair, biotin is one ingredient that should be present in your hair growth pills. This is a water-soluble vitamin, which means that it is constantly flushed by the body. With this, you need the right amount in a supplement to be sure that it will be absorbed by your body.
- Vitamin E: This vitamin is known for being good for the skin, but it is also essential for a healthy hair. It helps in the improvement of blood circulation and supply of oxygen in your scalp. It also helps in the repair of damaged follicles.
- Zinc: It helps to build the hair follicles and provides the protection that it needs against damages. This ingredient aids in the prevention of various types of hair loss, which include male and female pattern baldness and alopecia areata.
Aside from evaluating the ingredients that are used, here are other important factors that you need to take into consideration:
- Effectiveness: This is perhaps the most important thing you have to consider. There is no sense in choosing a product that does not work. Reading customer reviews is a good way to verify the effectiveness of hair growth pills. Also, look if there are clinical studies that have been completed to prove that the pills will work.
- Hair Type: Evaluate the type of your hair to make it easier to decide which pills will work best for your needs. For instance, if your hair is dry, supplements with moisturizing oil can be a good choice.
- Dosage: You also need to pay attention to the dose of the pills. Under-dosage and over-dosage can have possible side effects. Follow the right dose that is recommended by the manufacturer to be assured of the optimal outcomes.
- Side Effects: As much as possible, choose pills that do not have adverse effects. They should be made from natural ingredients. Also, it will help if you can read reviews from other people to be sure that there will be no serious side effects.
- Satisfaction Guarantee: There are some manufacturers who are offering a money-back guarantee within a specified duration. Within a particular timeframe, if you are unhappy with the pills, you can return it to the manufacturer and they will issue an unconditional refund.
Hair growth pills can be another promising alternative to be sure that your hair remains healthy. As long as they contain the right ingredients and you follow the right dosage recommended by the manufacturer, it can be effective in encouraging hair growth and preventing hair loss.